Workshop Controller (Carlisle)
Job Reference: CAR/WC
Closing Date: 29th February 2020
Hours Per Week: Full Time
As a Workshop Controller for Border Motor Group in Carlisle, you’ll work with the Service Manager to deliver a high level of productivity and an excellent standard of first-time repair, while making sure you always maintain a clean, safe and professional workshop.
This role would be ideal for an organised, quick-thinking person with previous motor industry experience, looking to develop their career and move into a management role. The ability to keep to deadlines and react quickly to technical challenges is important, and you should enjoy working in a fast-paced environment which is dedicated to providing the highest levels of customer service.
- Managing and coaching a team of vehicle technicians and apprentices, making sure targets and business objectives are met.
- Making sure all servicing work is carried out correctly, competently and on time, with customer satisfaction in mind.
- Ensuring that all your working practices comply with company, DVSA, health and safety and manufacturer policy.
- Working with colleagues and other departments to ensure a seamless service for customers.
- Scheduling work to meet customer needs, taking into account workshop targets, the complexity of each job and the availability of parts.
- Providing estimates for servicing and repairs and setting timescales.
- Assisting technicians with technical challenges and finding the right outcome.
- Accurately recording technician time and writing technical reports and recommendations.
- Relevant experience in the automotive industry, including previous workshop control or technician roles.
- High levels of organisation and accuracy.
- Strong IT skills.
- Fantastic interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well with customers and colleagues across other departments, both face-to-face and via email.
- The ability to lead by example and motivate your team to achieve their targets and deliver a high standard of work.
- Ability to create more work opportunities and sales in an honest and compliant manner. In return for your skills and experience, you’ll receive a competitive salary, opportunities for further management and system training, and a rewarding bonus scheme.
Applications with CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online.