Motability at Border Motor Group
I am coming to the end of my Motability lease. What should I do?
Motability have announced they will be automatically extending leases that are due to end for six months. There will be no need to contact Motability direct; and you will continue to be insured.
I am looking to leave the Motability scheme at the end of my lease. Who should I contact?
If you plan to leave the Scheme at the end of your lease, contact Motability directly so they can discuss arrangements.
What is the Motability Scheme?
The Motability Scheme offers affordable, worry free motoring through an all-inclusive leasing package to help people, their families and carers regain their independence and become mobile!
With the Motability Scheme you simply exchange all or part of your mobility allowance to lease a brand-new car, and you’ll enjoy the reassurance of a new car with none of the worries associated with buying and running an older one.
Border Motor Group are proud to support the Motability Scheme and can offer a wide choice of vehicles from Toyota, Hyunda & SKODA, expert specialists and can arrange vehicle adaptions if required.
How does the Motability Scheme work?
If you qualify for one of the below mobility allowances, you can exchange all or part of your allowance for a new car.
You don’t need to worry about managing the finances – payments are made directly from the Department of Work and Pensions to Motability.
Am I eligible for the Motability Scheme?
No need to worry! – you don’t have to undergo any medical assessments to join the Motability Scheme! If you receive one of the following mobility allowances, and have at least 12 months’ award length remaining, you could be eligible!
- Enhanced Rate of the Motability Component of Personal Independence Payment
- Higher Rate Motability Component of the Disability Living Allowance
- War Pensioners’ Motability Supplement
- Armed Forces Independence Payment
You can also apply on behalf of a child aged three or older, as long as they are entitled to the Higher Mobility component of DLA. If you’re not sure whether you’re eligible to join the Motability Scheme, Border Motor Groups friendly team of Motability specialists are on hand to answer any of your questions.
Why join the Motability Scheme?
The Motability Scheme can help to open the door to helping you to run a full life by helping you with your independence and freedom.
Our Motability specialists are here to help you every step of the way – from confirming eligibility and choosing the perfect vehicle to meet your needs, to organising the tax, insurance, roadside assistance, servicing and maintenance. All you have to do is choose your car!
As part of the Motability scheme you will recieve:
- 60,000 mile allowance over the three years
- Tyre & Windscreen replacement cover
- A brand-new car every three years
- Servicing, repairs, tax and insurance for up to 2 named drivers
- Full RAC Priority One breakdown cover
- The opportunity to choose a higher specification or larger car with the option of paying a one-off Advance Payment to upgrade
Facts about the Motability Scheme
- Parents or carers can also apply on behalf of a child aged 3 or above
- Exchange all, or part of your mobility allowance to lease a brand new car from a huge choice of latest makes & models
- One off Advance Payment options available for higher spec models
- Just pay for your fuel – all other running costs are included
- You get a brand new car every three years
- Less than 10% of vehicles on the Scheme are adapted
To place an application you will need
- Driving license / licenses
- Award notice / letter of entitlement
- Proof of address
- Grant letter (if applicable)
* Customer must have 12 months allowance remaining